As part of the appeal the tribunal has asked for the names and addresses for all those who wish to be notified of these proceedings. If you would like to be notified please reply to this email with your name and full address and we will add you to our document. We take your privacy seriously and will only forward contact information for those who request it. Below is a copy of their letter.
Thanks for your continued support!
1. A list of the names and addresses of all owners of property within 120 metres of the boundary of the property which is the subject of the Director’s Decision. This information can be obtained from the Assessment Roll available from your local municipality. Attached is a certificate which is to be signed by the person who provides you with the list. You must provide signed certification with the list.
2. A list of the names and addresses of any other persons who should be notified of these proceedings because they may have a direct interest in the outcome.
3. Whether you require French language services.
4. Whether you have any special needs that must be accommodated.
The Tribunal requires that you file this information or any objections no later than May 9, 2016. Should this information or objections not be received by the deadline date, the Tribunal may decide not to process your appeal.
For more information, please review the appropriate legislation, “A Guide to Appeals under the Clean Water Act, 2006, the Environmental Protection Act, the Nutrient Management Act, 2002, the Ontario Water Resources Act, the Pesticides Act, and the Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002”, and the Rules of Practice and Practice Directions of the Environmental Review Tribunal, all of which are available on the Tribunal’s website at www.elto.gov.on.ca.
The CCOB & the County of Brant have filed an appeal against the Permit To Take Water and the Environmental Compliance Approval. Now we wait for the Environmental Review Tribunal to contact us and setup a date. Our legal team is drafting a press release and we will update everyone once it is complete.
You should know that the Ministry Of Environment has filed a motion looking to limit the things we can discuss in this case. This is yet another example of our own government dodging it’s responsibility to protect our water. Regardless of how that turns out we are set to make huge advancements towards the protection of water.
Thank you for your continued support.
CCOB supporters need to know that the ‘Leave to Appeal’ is still pending, we expect the decision later this month.
To prevent another Walkerton, Ontario or Flint, Michigan we should be the custodians and prevent any future issues with our water.
The CCOB, the Paris community and our County Council need to be united in the protection of this irreplaceable resource. It is crucial relevant information goes out to all our supporters and the townspeople.
You are invited to an informal event at St. Pauls’ United Church, Paris on Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 7:00 pm. You will be given an update on several events in the planning stage.
Communities all over Ontario are bonding to empower each other, we are part of a growing and ground breaking movement to protect our natural resources. Only working as a community can we keep our water safe.
CCOB and Brant County Council have joined forces to continue the fight to protect our precious drinking water. Some of our accomplishments to prevent the pit from working to capacity include:
• Modifications to the wash pond.
• Source pond moved outside the well head protection areas.
• Thorough testing of the water established; our water is presently at the highest standards.
• Prevented the company from using our water for the last three years.
• CCOB partnered with Brant County Council, sharing costs for experts to overturn the decision to grant the Permit to Take Water (PTTW) and the Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA).
Winning the right to Appeal the Provincial Government’s decision to grant the PTTW and ECA are major goals of CCOB and Brant County Council.
The entire town of Paris needs to be behind CCOB and Council to win this, and we can. We elected this council, we need to stand with them!
Start a conversation with your family, friends, neighbours and any Paris citizen you meet. CCOB will have an information meeting in the near future to give you all the facts.
Working together, supporting each other we can protect our water for future generations and stop this pit from destroying the historical Paris Plains. You decide your environmental future.